Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ingrown Toenails?

I have an ingrown toenail. It's not severe enough to get surgery or go to a salon or anything. I went online to learn a couple of at-home tips. I apply antibacterial alot, lifted up the corner of the toenail and put some steril gauze under the corner to make the toe grow past the skin. It is infected, but some of that puss stuff is coming out now. I iced it and it didn't do much. I didn't soak it. The bump is about the size of a masquito bite. The whole side of that toe hurts but has improved (feeling-wise) over night. Any other ideas? I want to be able to run because tryouts for volleyball are coming up and I need to practice running. So I want the pain to go asap so I can wear sneakers again without causing more problems (and no, my shoes aren't too small).








One more thing. I DO cut my toenails a little too short because they're thin and ..... kinda flaky. Like differen't layers will peel off in little chips, causing the need to trim more often, so they stay short.Ingrown Toenails?
Don't put gauze under the nail. Any kind of cotto fiber will cause more of an infection. I was just reading about this a few days ago because I thought I had an ingrown toenail...turns out it was just an irritation because I ripped my cuticle away and exposed the left side of my nail.





Soak your foot in warm but not too hot water and use some Epsom salt. This is not the same as table salt. Gently massage the skin, it may hurt but the warm water will help soothe and the salt will help clean out the infection. You can use your fingers, an orangewood stick or a washcloth if it's really senstive to push the skin back...but ever so gently! Do this once or twice a day and let your foot soak for about 10 minutes. Don't put any New-Skin on it (liquid bandaid) if it's oozing. Keep it open, try not to wear socks and shoes too much, if you can. And stay off your foot as sometimes walking can irritate it more.Ingrown Toenails?
i didnt do anything but soak it and put neosporin on it and that didnt do much at all. i recomend the dr. even if you are scared. its a very simple procedure. they numb you up and cut the nail out. depending on how much is done, you can return to normal activities the next day or week :)

Report Abuse



The fact that you already have infection is enough to tell you to get professional help. See a doctor or at least go to a salon, get a recommended pedicurist, dont try home remedies. Your feet are really sensitive to infection and an untreated condition can have serious consequences.
Could be a nail fungus. See a doctor and ask them to rule it out. Trust me on this, a nail fungus is not something to mess around with and ignore, they are so hard to cure and get rid of. It will eventually change the shape, thickness and texture of the nail.
Bill was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment