Thursday, August 5, 2010

My big toenails grow into my skin..why? It's SO painful?

I've had this problem before.. A couple of years ago I had to go to a pdiatrist and have 1/5 of my toenail cut off... Now the toenail has grownback and on the OTHER foot my toenail has grown intothe skin.... Why does this keep happening?? ThanxMy big toenails grow into my skin..why? It's SO painful?
I had that on one toe, but not the other. My mom taught me about the v cut in the center of the white part of the nail, like Mary S. said. You don't have to cut deep, just a little notch. Otherwise cut straight across.





There is an operation to stop it from recurring. Ask your podiatrist about it the next time you go.My big toenails grow into my skin..why? It's SO painful?
Mine have started to grow this way too, cutting straight across is good general advice but this is a condition where the nail is growing in an arch before it gets to the place you would need to cut.





Following professional advice, I found that cutting a v in the centre of the nail helps the nail to stretch back flat. I have to file the corners when the nail is hard and dry.
When you cut your toenail are you doind it straight across? because if you were to do it so you are going round the nail digging down into the skin. This could cause this to happen. Cut your nails straight across from now on.





Hope this helped (:
its your dna. your toes grow out in lenght and width. it happens to me too.


I use tweezers to lift up the edges of my nails and clip them twice a month
Go to ur doctor so he will get ur nails out of ur skin. and after that never ever cut ur nails roundish because they will go into ur skin. always straight. hope i helped :)
sometimes it just does. It may be in your genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment