Saturday, August 21, 2010

Name for curved large toenails plz

Hi, could someone out there tell me what the official name for a curved toenail plz? A couple of years ago the large toenails went the same way as now and I needed to have them removed. The same thing has happened again. It is definitely not fungus as I had the test results back Friday just gone. I remember, a couple of years ago, my doctor gave me the official name for the complaint but I can't remember what it was. The toenails are curved to the side from the nail bed and impossible to cut by myself.


Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx.Name for curved large toenails plz
They are called involuted toe nails, both my big toe nails were taken off and treated so they never grow back. It was the best thing, the pain was terrible,, until they took them offName for curved large toenails plz
I have the same problem with the nails on my big toes. I went to the doc thinking I had ingrown toenails but was told they were deformed. I wasn't given a medical term for it. I had them removed, but they eventually grew back. The one toe nail is still curved but not giving me any problems yet, but the other one is curving quite a lot. I don't like the thought of having the nail bed removed, which I was told is the only other alternative. You are brave for having it done.


One answer you've been given, says it's called involuted. I will look it up on a medical website.
Lucy
Either called a hammer toe or Claws.
ingrowth
They are called claws.
Its called PAIN
Arent they ingrown toe nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment